Race Walk Competition
The Portland Marathon Half offers a judged race walk division. The judges abide by the USATF Rules of racewalking. Everyone is allowed to finish the event. In the event of disqualification the walker will find results posted in the run results and is not eligible for racewalk awards. Awards for racewalking are 3 deep for open men and women and 3 deep for masters (40+) men and women. Please do not register as a Half-Marathon racewalker if your anticipated finish time is greater than 3 hours, as most disqualifications occur with slower walkers. Judging will cease at 10:00 am.
To enter online:
- Go to the registration for the Portland Marathon Half
- When asked will you be mostly running or mostly walking, select mostly walking.
- Check “Yes” to the “Are you a Racewalk (Olympic Style) Participant?” question.
- Send an e-mail to email@example.com indicating the following: 1) that you understand the rules of Olympic-style racewalking and 2) include a list of any recently judged race(s) in which you participated.
On race weekend:
- Please check in at the Racewalk/Nordic Walk table located in the Registration area at the Expo. Volunteers will have your bib numbers and instructions. In order to be judged and to be eligible for awards, it is extremely important that all racewalk participants check in at the Racewalk table – do not check in at the standard Registration area.