Thank you to all those who participated and attended the 2015 Portland Marathon Kids Fun Run & Fitness Festival!
Save the date for 2016:
2016 Portland Marathon Kid’s Fun Run
& Fitness Festival
Saturday, Oct. 8, 2016 | 8:00 am Start
The Portland Marathon Kids’ Fun Run & Festival is held on Saturday of Event weekend, and is dedicated to our community of active youth, ages 2-12. The festival will be fun-filled and include the following events:
- Walk Run Wheel! – The first event will be our “Walk Run Wheel” event, a 1/2 mile distance event for disabled youth. All ages and abilities are welcome to participate!
- Toddler Dash - Kid’s ages 2 to 4 will do 1/4 mile (1 lap) around our course while navigating obstacles.
- Kid’s Fun Run – Kid’s ages 5 to 8 will do a 1/2 mile distance (2 laps) around our course while navigating obstacles.
- Mini Marathoner Run – Kid’s ages 9 to 12 will do a one mile distance (4 laps) around our course.
The festival also includes field games, airbrush face painting, prizes, healthy snacks & beverages, inflatable obstacle courses, booths representing different fitness activities to try out, and photos with local mascots including Timber Joey of the Portland Timbers, Blaze the Trail Cat of the Portland Trail Blazers, Hop from the Hillsboro Hops and more!
Participants must pre-register online for this event. All participants should arrive around 7:45 a.m. The event will begin with fun warm ups and stretches at 8 a.m. immediately followed by each of the races back to back. The remainder of the morning is a festival with fun activities and games. The field is limited to 500 participants!
– A custom race bib
– Finisher’s medal
– Snacks & Drinks
– A festival wristband & one for their chaperone (festival wristband required for event entry, including spectators)
Lincoln High School
1600 SW Salmon St, Portland, OR 97205
Strollers are allowed in the Run Walk Wheel, Toddler Dash, or the Kid’s Fun Run events, but we ask that you use caution and stay to the outer most lane on the course.
Watch the video: