MEET THE COACH!
Coach Jared Leeper was born and raised in Oregon. He began his education at Southern Oregon University, majoring in exercise science and was a captain for the university’s football team.
Jared has been professionally coaching since 2007. As a health and fitness practitioner, he is very grateful for the opportunity to assist others in achieving optimal health through education, real strength training, individualized nutrition, and had dedicated his life to helping people “Live Healthy, Lean, & Fit”.
“I believe that when you invest in something of value, it lasts a lifetime. And I guarantee my coaching provides this. Visit my siteProgressingPerformance.com and see how I can better your life and performance today!”
What I do at Progressing Perfomance:
I specialize in permanent fat loss. I will never put you on a diet. However, you will learn the effective techniques that produce long term, maintainable results to live the healthy, lean, and fit life you want!
The three largest factors that lead to obesity are; stress, toxins, and malnutrition. For these reasons I refer to the expertise of specialized practitioners that analyze trainee’s blood panels and other intrinsic factors causing fat gain and storage. Using this information I can further emphasize that there are no paradoxes in biology. Everything happens for a reason, knowing is 49% of your battle, and implementing proven successful protocols that are specific to you is what it takes to win!
Carrying too much fat is not natural and you don’t have to put up with it any more! Investing in our coaching provides a return, and results speak for themselves. You apply your ability to learn with your efforts to implement, you then receive the results you have desired with the happiness you deserve!
We provide a guarantee when invest in Progressing Performance coaching. Upon completing your program, if you apply all the tools specific to you and are not satisfied, you shall be refunded in full.
Here are three simple ways to improve your body composition;
- Invest in a coach. A high quality coach will properly assess all of the factors that lead you to your success. They will not only be able to provide the proper education, but should be able to tell you exactly how long it is going to take you to get to your goal, based on experience, not guesses.
- Increase your fibrous protein consumption. The right meats, in particular wild and 100% grass fed meats, will raise your metabolism and give you the right neurotransmitters, namely, dopamine and acetyl-choline. This will improve attention span and mental acuity. With respect to vegan vs. meat proteins, there are many reasons that meats are superior sources. For example, high quality meats have have a family of enzymes called carnitines that are responsible for driving fat into the cell for energy. Helping adapt the body from a fat storer to a fat burner!
- Get the correct panels done. Get referred by your strength coach to proper testing specific to you by a qualified functional medicine practitioner. As previously stated, the intrinsic factors that lead to fat storage cannot be seen in the mirror, and take years of education to understand and interpret. These factors are interconnected and can be as simple as improving your digestive processes or as complex as detoxifying the body from heavy metals accumulated in childhood. As local Portlandians, we receive less Vitamin D3 than an inmate in solitary confinement wearing two straight jackets. A VD3 deficiency, for example is linked to every disease known to man. Pursuing a fat loss or performance goal with out assessing VD3 levels and expecting things to change is as Ben Franklin, Albert Einstein, and Winston Churchill said “the definition of insanity.”
Q: Why is it more difficult for women to lose weight?
Lets get some common ground facts straight before I answer the question
- Females should never be expected to have similar body fat percentages as males. On average females carry 8-10 percentage points more body fat than males. A leading factor for this is the difference in the proportion of androgenic vs. estrogenic hormones that males possess. Now does that mean that leaner women have more androgenic hormones? In the short yes, but there is more that ties into it.
- The body does not function on calories. It is not an oven. On the contrary the body is a chemistry set that operates on essential nutrients and hormones working at optimal levels. Wilbur Atwater’s calorimeter is simply a measure of heat, in nutrition the calorie is A TOOL NOT THE RULE. For example; typically, 100grams of carbohydrate takes about 5% of its caloric amount to metabolize, where as animal proteins have six times the thermic yield of the same 100grams at 30%, yet they have the same caloric value, would you rather look like the lion or the sheep?
- Nobody ever became fat from eating too much fat, in particular saturated fat! In my programs, fat is non-negotiable. Every client I coach is required to consume fat. For example I have seen clients lose 19 pounds of fat in one month simply by consuming adequate amounts of smart fats such as fish oils. The research and literature by Dr. Mary Enig from the University of Maryland has shown that foods such as extra virgin organic coconut oils and local organic pasture fed butter will help regulate body fat to normal. Pasture butter is high in a fatty acid called Conjugated Linoleic Acid, which has many other health benefits other than regulating body fat. Enig’s book “Know Your Fats: The Complete Primer for Understanding the Nutrition of Fats, Oils and Cholesterol” is the best known of her five books, and a highly recommended read, especially if you think that fats are evil!
So, now we understand that body fat needs to be reduced is a start, but you want to know your exact body fat percentage. You want to be properly tested by a qualified professional that uses precise measuring tools. I use the Charles Poliquin BioSignature method which uses 12 sites telling exactly what your body’s method for storing body fat is and how to correct it. Charles calls BioSignature modulation “forensic nutrition, that tells the story of what is going on in your life based upon your body fat storage.”
In conclusion, the processes that get us to store or lose body fat are complex, a high quality coach will understand and give you the proper tools to optimize your body fat and hormonal discrepancies and make you stronger, faster, sleep incredibly, and win the battles and achieve the excellence you are entitled to.
Visit my site ProgressingPerformance.com and see how I can better your life and performance today!
Submit your coaching questions to the Portland Marathon’s Coach Leeper atCoachsCorner@PortlandMarathon.org
In the best of health,