Corporate Team Info
The Portland Marathon is proud to provide a program developed for sponsors, charities, non-profits and corporations of all kinds to run for a cause while implementing a corporate wellness program to benefit any organization. Implement the program to establish an employee wellness program or compliment a program already in place.
The Portland Marathon “PLUG IN” Program For Success will take your run/walk experience to a new level!
How Do I Get Started?
Create a team with your co-workers, company departments, corporate alliances, or sponsors. A Team event is designed to help build teamwork across departments and promote fitness and giving within the workplace. Your co-workers and associates will train to run or walk in any of the Portland Marathon events while having the opportunity to raise funds for a cause of your choice.
How Do I Create A Team?
To create a team you must first choose a Team Captain.?
Team Captain Instructions:
- Team Captains need to register in the “Team Captains – Create & Pay for your team here”category, BEFORE you register for the event. When creating your team you will select your team name, team password (optional), category and division. You will be charged a $100 Team fee. (As Team Captain you will have access to the team information via the back office feature of Team Registration, once this team is created. See: Additional Information at the end of this page)
- After you have completed the team creation process you must now go back and register for your event. You will choose your team name from the drop down box on the registration form. PLEASE NOTE: all team members must participate in the same event to be on a team.
- Provide your Team Name (and team password if applicable) to all individuals who want to be on your Team. They will then register and choose your team name from the drop down box on the registration form during individual event registration.
- Maintain contact with team members and manage your team roster online.
- Designate a meeting area for team members before and after the race. The Marathon does not have a designated meeting area for teams.
- Verify team information by visiting the event info booth at the expo on Fri/Sat before the event.
How Do I register for A Team?
Once a Team Captain, as above, has created a Team, the Team Captain must then go back to registration to register for their event, select their team name from the drop down menu on the registration form and enter the password (if password protected). Team Members will also register for their event, select their team name from the drop down menu on the registration form and enter the password (if password protected).
Which Events are open to Team participation?
All Marathon events are open to Team participation.
How many can be on a Team?
Teams must be a minimum of 2 people for non-competitive and 3 people for competitive. There is no maximum number for any team. However, individuals can only be a member of one team.
Run for a Charity
All teams are encouraged to choose a favorite charity to run for, donate to, and/or actively fundraise for. Teams can also choose a charity from the Official Portland Marathon Charity list on the official website. The Event Official donation and fundraising program offered by The Portland Marathon is a fully administered program that provides individualized fundraising pages in an electronic format. If your company already supports a charity on our Official Charity list, the Event program will provide your employees, sponsors and affiliate partners with a fully administered program to increase donations and fundraising. Have a real impact on the community, invigorate your employees, and elevate your visibility in the community.
Personalize your Team
Teams are encouraged to print a team t-shirt or singlet and invite their co-workers, friends and family to participate as volunteers for the race. Pictures and human-interest articles submitted by teams become the property of the Event and will be reviewed for publication in post event electronic publications and other media formats by the event.
Train for your Event
Training programs are available and provided by the Event. Clinics begin training locally in the spring. On-line virtual training programs can be purchased during the Event Registration process. Choose one or all training options!!
Running and walking promote a healthy lifestyle, which in turn creates healthier employees who rely less on health insurance which reduces medical insurance premium costs. This wellness program is a great way to boost company spirit and a fun way for employees to interact outside the office.
Slows the aging process
Reduces the risk of stroke, colon cancer and breast cancer
Improves lung capacity
Boosts the immune system
Resource information on the benefits of an employee program can be found at: http://naturalhealthcare.ca/benefits_of_a_wellness_program.phtml