Every year the Marathon runners consistently say how wonderful the spectators are throughout the course and are so encouraged along the way because of your enthusiastic support. We would like to help you find the best spot to cheer on runners with the following suggestions.
DOWNTOWN, due to its proximity to the start and finish areas, is a great area to observe:
- East on NW Davis to SW Naito Parkway (Front Ave.).
- South on SW Naito Parkway to SW Harrison (mile 1 to approx. mile 3).
- West on SW Harrison to Barbur Blvd.
- All SW Naito Parkway (mile 4 to 11). Runners pass twice on Naito Parkway between NW 17th Ave. and turnaround past mile 9.
- From NW 17th Ave. and west on Raleigh to mile 12.
- Toward the finish area on 3rd and Madison from NW Flanders and Front Ave. (mile 25 to 26).
Between mile 19 and 20 on Willamette Blvd. 1-5 North, take the Lombard West exit, follow until Olin Ave. or Portsmouth Ave. Take a left on either of the two until Willamette Blvd.
Between mile 21 and 22 on Willamette Blvd. 1-5 North, take the Lombard West exit. Left on Greeley Ave., and right on N. Portland Blvd.
We do not recommend spectators to watch between:
- All spectators must stay out of the assembly area on SW Salmon between SW 4th and SW Naito Blvd.
- Miles 12 and 18 due to the heavy traffic of St. Helens Rd!
- Mile 23 and 25 due to blocked streets or heavy traffic on Interstate Ave.
Information regarding Tri-met transportation should be prearranged due to possible route and schedule changes. Tri-met information is (503)238-4909 or visit www.trimet.org.