The Portland Marathon’s 2-Day Workshop for Event Directors & Committee Members of Running and Walking Events
April 2 & 3, 2014 | Individuals: $350
This workshop is a “must attend” event for those who work with events of every size, large and small. The program topics, and networking opportunities will be outstanding. No secrets will be withheld, and no stone will be left unturned! Our first day will be devoted to current issues, volunteers, charities, branding, economic impact, impacting policies, competitors and predators, as well as contingency and emergency issues.
Our second day’s morning format will cover the topic of event management/organization. The afternoon will feature our technology session, which will cover a variety of key issues such as new ideas, social networking, etc.
Presented in panel format – There are no long-winded speeches, and no time wasted talking about lofty or esoteric fluff!
Our faculty of experienced event directors and experts guarantees a conference that’s the best event-related and hands-on exchange in the industry. It’s a conference you will not want to miss! Please note: to ensure the most successful and instructional event, we are limiting enrollment to 75 attendees – so we encourage early sign up!
“Thank-you for putting on such a great event in Charleston. I look forward to putting the knowledge gained here to use.” – Bob (Charleston EDC 2013 participant)
Seven reasons why you can’t miss this invaluable workshop:
- It’s an Event Directors’ College that focuses 100% on events from the hands-on/tactical perspective.
- Top quality faculty, with expertise in sponsorship, event management, event directing, administration, marketing, public relations, to name just a few.
- The best assemblage of industry representatives in the world with years of event directing experience and expertise.
- A make-up of Event Directors from small to large events, willing to openly share and learn.
- A place to learn the nuts and bolts of event management and the secrets that only experience can teach.
- A presentation format where participants can ask questions and join in the dialogue.
- Networking and social events
Exhibitors & Sponsors
Attention Exhibitors! Exhibitor Registration: $995
Includes general registration for one representative and an 8×10 table space reserved for your company in the Trade Exhibit Room for Exhibitor supplied display, adjoining the conference (full access to all participants). Panelist opportunities may be available. Limited spaces available while they last.
Sponsors: Price varies. Contact email@example.com for additional opportunities and associated fees. Limited, available while they last.
2013 Faculty Roster
Former Administrative Director of the New York Road Runners Club and current NYRRC Board Member
Former Event Director, Big Sur International Marathon
Event Director, Grandma’s Marathon
Event Director, Hospital Hill Run; Board of Directors, Running USA
Event Director, Portland Marathon
Event Director, Cooper River Bridge Run
Past Event Director, New York City Marathon; CEO, New York Road Runners Club
Program Development Director, Portland Marathon